Thursday, April 29, 2021

Quest

 

There are times when I fail to figure out 

If there is indeed something that will really fill my heart anytime

Am I the eternally dissatisfied seeker

Who keeps seeking for more as I find enough?

Love, Care and Floating through life are part of the norm, thought I,

Till that time in my adulthood when I realized that it need not be so!

I, the dreamer from a childhood well-lived, being a child well-loved.

The conscious mind always applies weird logic and strive to tell you what is right,

With it brings a trail of fuzzy clouds that seem to hide the sun far behind

Looking for answers and often for solace 

When the fuzziness turns grey in the cold of the night

Decades of walking through woods 

Crossing streams shallow and deep

Procreating and nurturing to keep with the way of the world

The heart keeps yearning for something somewhere amiss

Glancing at passers by 

Looking for a familiarity 

That is as known, as is unknown

Treading a hill too steep, heaving and panting, 

Feeling damp mud

Avoiding quicksand,

Staring with a certain blankness at drift woods

Smiling at the moss that adorns them too!

Stepping on pebbles and stones along the way

Few cold against your bare feet and few a sharp pinch

Geysers warm and cold turn out to be mirages

Will crossing valleys and climbing hills be really worth it?

They say middle age is 'youth without levity and age without decay'

Am I too close or am I far behind 

To realize there is essence in life that I can still seek

And bring all of it into my life if I please.



No comments: